We contribute to Africa’s growth through our ongoing support in the development, establishment, management, and finance across a broad spectrum of projects, and facilities, as well as operating capital assets.
Our services are provided through our core business streams:
We provide strategic advice to clients over the entire project lifecycle. Our strength lies in the ability to interpret and align our clients’ needs and objectives with the technical, commercial, financial, regulatory and human dynamics of their projects. Through appropriate project structuring, value engineering, risk-, change- and interface management, we turn project concepts into sustainable businesses.
We are experienced advisors in private-sector development, conventional government procurement, public-private partnerships and development facilitation. We actively lead transaction advisory teams comprising leading local and multinational engineering consultants, architects, facilities managers, financial advisors (mostly our in-house team – see “Project Finance & Modelling”), law firms and other specialists.
We are recognised by our clients for our skill and innovation in the development and implementation of transactions involving private finance and government. Our advisors are not only qualified in the built environment, but also have the necessary expertise to integrate the respective project workstreams.
Who Do We Assist?
We advise a diverse client base in the private and public sector, across Africa and globally. Some of our clients include:
- National, provincial, and local government and state-owned companies
- Lenders, including banks and development finance institutions
- Private parties to Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and other privately financed government initiatives
- Developers, project sponsors, project- and business owners
- Investment fund managers
- Equity investors
- Consulting engineers
- Contractors and sub-contractors
- Financial advisory, accounting and audit firms
- Law firms and legal advisors
Our team of consultants include a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, project managers, contracts managers, planning consultants and quantity surveyors, with experience in leading and integrating technical, commercial, financial, and legal teams across the entire project life cycle. We often assemble large- and highly specialised project teams through our network of trusted associates and partners. We offer stand-alone advisory services as well as client- and site-based consultancy.
In summary, our services under this business stream include:
- PPP/PFI transaction advisory
- PPP/PFI lenders’ technical advisory
- Institutional capacity assessments and service delivery mechanism reviews
- Institutional strategic planning, budgeting and performance management
- Project preparation and development
- Feasibility studies
- Programme development and management
- Business strategy formulation and implementation
- Value engineering
- Risk identification, analysis, mitigation, allocation and management
- Operational strategy
- Business process development and improvement
Our team members have worked across the following sectors: